Institute for Advanced Studies in Sustainable Development
The IHEDD, Ferdi’s educational institute, a private higher education establishment
In 2017 the Foundation for International Development Studies and Research (FERDI) is launching its Institute for Advanced Studies in Sustainable Development (IHEDD).
The IHEDD’s mission is to respond to current issues in public development policy on the basis of research results, in line with FERDI’s programmes as a laboratory of excellence (Labex) IDGM+ “Initiative for Development and Global Governance” implemented with the Institute for Sustainable Development and International Relations (IDDRI) and the Centre for Studies and Research in International Development (CERDI).
The seminars and training courses at the IHEDD respond to a strong demand expressed by a varied audience of actors or analysts in international economic development, who are seeking to deepen their knowledge in a world that is constantly changing, as attested by the three major international events in the 2015 development agenda: the UN Third International Conference on Financing for Development in July at Addis-Abeba, the adoption of new “Sustainable Development Goals” (SDGs) by the UN in September in New York, and Cop21, a crucial step forward in climate negotiation, held in December in Paris.
Supported by its in-house team and the FERDI programme leaders, all IHEDD’s themes bring together in a common project the best international experts from North and South, comprising academic scholars, senior officials and leaders from major international, regional and national organisations working towards sustainable development.
Patrick Guillaumont, President of FERDI
A high-level training offer…
- Short courses (one to two weeks) for the Certificate of Advanced Studies in Sustainable Development, with a specific mention for each training theme;
- Long courses lasting several months leading to specialist qualifications, in partnership with the University of Clermont Auvergne, master degrees and other graduate qualifications;
- Customised seminars lasting a day or half-day.
...supported by demanding, specifically designed teaching programmes…
- At the leading edge of the information and the new ideas on development policy issues;
- Based on knowledge gained in the field (compared experience, case studies);
- Preparing learners for the successful implementation of technical and managerial innovations to address the problems raised;
- Using innovative teaching approaches involving appropriate use of distance learning through IHEDD’s dedicated platform;
- Guaranteeing learners post-training distance follow-up.
...for a diversified audience...
The seminars and training courses at the IHEDD are organised specially for senior economic, political and administrative officials, leaders, and decision-makers who are seeking to deepen their knowledge in the area of public development policy:
- Senior officials and government administrators in developing countries;
- French and other European senior public officials;
- Managers in international and regional organisations;
- Senior managers in major French and international businesses;
- Leaders in civil society and NGOs;
- Local government officials;
- Elected political representatives.
…on themes at the heart of current development policy…
… and on the analytical instruments of economic policy
- Innovative development indicators and sustainable competitiveness observatory
- CGE model and economic policy
- Impact analyses
- Applied econometrics
- Analysis and project management
- Medium-term expenditure framework
- Survey methods
- Vulnerability indicators
Secrétaire Général de l’IHEDD
Tél. : +33(0)4 73 17 75 33
Assistante de l’IHEDD
Tél. : +33(0)4 73 17 74 33
Ferdi - IHEDD
63, bd François-Mitterrand
Investisseurs & Partenaires and Ferdi are pleased to inform you of the second edition of the Impact Investment Training to be held from September 18 to 20, 2018 at I&P Headquarters, 9 rue Notre Dame des Victoires, 75002 Paris
Suite et fin du cycle de formation à l’intention des cadres du Ministère de l’Économie et des Finances du Mali
L’investissement d’impact : une nouvelle génération de financements au service des enjeux de société.
Formation aux méthodes non-paramétriques de mesure de l'efficience des structures de soins au Zimbabwe
Suite du cycle de formation à l’intention des cadres du Ministère de l’Économie et des Finances du Mali
Signature d’une convention de partenariat entre l’Université internationale de Côte d’Ivoire (UICI) et la Ferdi
Formation organisée dans le cadre de l'appui technique pour la mise en place d’un modèle d’équilibre général calculable au sein de la Cellule Technique du Cadre Stratégique pour la Lutte contre la Pauvreté (Ministère de l'Economie et des finances du Mali)